Fees & Insurance
Understanding counseling, insurance, and payment can be confusing. The quality of your care is just as important as affordability and access to integrative health care options. Payment for our services is due at the time of service. We accept all major credit cards and debit cards, but we do not accept cash.
Benefits of Utilizing Insurance:
Many clients find utilizing insurance for services an affordable and convenient option. This can allow clients to pace their costs with their needs. We participate with a variety of major insurance carriers. Participation with various insurance plans vary by clinician. We do our best to match your needs and availability with a clinician who also is able to participate with your insurance. We provide courtesy insurance eligibility checks at the time you schedule an appointment. Copayments, coinsurance and deductible amounts are initial estimates.
We also provide courtesy billing services. We will file the necessary claim forms to all insurance companies, even if we are not a participating provider. Final determination of your responsibility for services is determined once claims are processed by your insurer. As a result, please remember that we cannot guarantee payment for your services by your insurance company. Any remaining amount not covered by your insurance is due upon receipt of the statement.
We can also process Out-of-Network statements for clinicians you may want to work, but they do not participate with your insurer.
* Insurance can only be used for traditional counseling services. Reiki, massage therapy, and other services are self- pay services. Let us know if you are open to exploring whole-body wellness plan options.
Benefits of Self-Pay Options:
The issues leading you to counseling or therapy may be complex and based on multiple underlying causes. When you self-pay for therapy, the duration of treatment is led solely by your individual needs and not the limitations of your insurance company. You and your therapist are free to explore and work through any underlying causes, making symptoms less likely to return after therapy has ended.
In order to receive coverage for most mental health and emotional health issues, your insurance typically requires you to receive a diagnosis. This diagnosis becomes a part of your medical health record. Private pay clients can receive services without having a diagnosed mental health condition on their medical record.
You may have a deductible that needs to be met before the insurance company will cover some of the session.
SELF PAY OPTIONS
- Lucy Cary $60
- Meghan Hart $60
- Linda Williams $60
- Tasha Howard $60
Pre-licensed therapists will participate with Cigna only.
*Administrators will set up clients as direct pay in Therapy Notes (at the time of the intake/inquiry call) with the rates provided per therapist.
* Previous clients, seeking to return after 30 days without an appointment, of residents & supervisees who utilized insurance to see residents, outside of Cigna, will need to be notified of the change, unless they currently have a family member or spouse being seen.
Unlicensed Master’s Level Clinician Under Supervision
- $75-$85 for initial evaluation
- $60-$85 for a 45-55 minute session
- $35-$45 for a 30-minute session
Rates vary according to the supervisee or resident. Please know that our team is hand-picked to address the unique needs of our clientele. Our staff is intentionally inclusive and receives ongoing supervision and training.
- $125 for Initial Evaluation
- $110 per 45-52 minute session
- $110 per 53-60 minute session
- $75 per 30 minute session
- $50 No-show/Late Cancellation fee for professional time reserved
- $110 Couples/Relationship Counseling
Rates for pre-licensed therapists might be a good fit for clients who would prefer a lower cost-savings option. Some potential benefits of working with a pre-licensed therapist can be those who would prefer not to utilize their insurance, those with high deductibles, and those who prefer the pre-licensed therapist’s clinical specialties.
Sliding scale openings may be available. Please check with our office to get more information regarding the application process.
We understand that receiving counseling or therapy is a very important and selective process. If at any time, a referred therapist is not a good fit, we will do our best to find a fit for your needs.
Walk & Talk therapy is also self-pay
Note: At MFC, if you are seeing a Pre-Licensed Therapist, know that we are very selective in our hiring process and work extremely closely with the supervising clinician to ensure their development and the quality of the treatment that they are delivering. Not all insurances will reimburse for Pre-Licensed therapists, so it is important to talk with our administrative staff to assess if a pre-licensed clinician is the best fit for you.
We set the private pay per session rates for a pre-licensed therapist significantly lower than our seasoned and licensed therapists. This can mean significant financial savings when looking at the long-term costs of seeking treatment. We have found that many people will opt to see a pre-licensed clinician who is not paneled with their insurance company because the per-session rate can be lower than the copay or cost of counseling using their high deductible plans.
You have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much your medical care will cost
Under the law, health care providers need to give patients who don’t have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the bill for medical items and services.
- You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency items or services. This includes related costs like medical tests, prescription drugs, equipment, and hospital fees.
- You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate in writing at least 1 business day before your medical service or item.
- You can also ask your health care provider, and any other provider you choose, for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule an item or service.
- If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill.
- Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate.
For questions or more information about your right to a Good Faith Estimate, visit:
www.cms.gov/nosurprises or call CMS at 1-800-985-3059