“Pain shared, is pain not doubled but halved. No man is an island.” – Neil Gaiman
Family issues can occur in any family. Even healthy families can experience challenges at times. Ideally, our families are the very people that we’d like to get support, love, understanding and connection from. However, there are times we don’t feel very close and our relationships feel strained from our family members. Being so closely linked with others, can often bring about the most intense emotions we experience, whether it’s positive or negative. Whether the challenges are minor or severe, we would like to help you strengthen your family ties. Family therapy can give your family the opportunity to do so.
Our Approach: We approach family therapy from a stance of openness, respect for your family’s goals, needs, and values. Everyone in a family has a voice and is impacted by the family dynamic. Every family has patterns of relating to each other, and every family member deserves a safe space to express themselves. Every family is different, but we understand how complex it can be to maintain individuality while co-existing with others, and the importance of understanding, growing, and learning new, healthier ways to create family relationships that are fulfilling.
- Do you worry that your family is falling a part?
- Is there a lot of fighting and arguments among family members?
- Do you dread going home because of the environment?
- Does your home seem chaotic and stress-filled?
- Is it difficult to communicate and feel understood with your family members?
What we could work on:
- Improve communication between teens and parents
- Attachment Issues
- Academic Concerns
- Foster Care/Adoption Issues
- Boundary issues
- Family Role Issues
- Improve sibling rivalry
- Improve communication
- Changing dysfunctional patterns
- Blended/ Separating/Divorce Issues
- Strain due to deployment or military culture
- Coping with the impact of mental illness, physical illness, disability, caregiving, and/or substance dependent family member on the family